MATTER Announces Partnership with Healthios
Partnership Supports MATTER Mission to Attract Investment Capital to Drive Innovation and Commercialization of Next-Generation Healthcare Solutions and to Foster Collaboration Across Region’s Healthcare Community
CHICAGO, IL (January 16, 2014) – MATTER, the entrepreneurship and innovation hub for next-generation health IT, medical device and biopharma companies, today announced a strategic partnership with Chicago-based Healthios, an investment bank dedicated exclusively to the global healthcare industry. The partnership directly supports MATTER’s mission to attract investment capital for its startup members companies and to build density among the region’s healthcare ecosystem of entrepreneurs, researchers, industry leaders, investors, academics, institutions and associations that fosters collaboration and new product innovation.
“We are inspired by MATTER’s purpose and we believe that Chicago’s healthcare community is perfectly suited to ensure its success,” said David B. Loucks, chairman and chief executive of Healthios. “We’re proud to play an active role in the MATTER ecosystem by supporting these next-generation innovators whose achievements will have a profound impact on patient care and on Chicago’s growth economy.”
As part of the agreement, MATTER members will receive free access to HealthiosXchange, (www.healthiosxchange.com), a global Direct Investing Platform for emerging growth healthcare companies seeking to advance their most important financing and strategic priorities. The HealthiosXchange will provide MATTER and its member companies with:
- Online, branded listing for the MATTER portfolio and each MATTER member company;
- Access to thousands of healthcare investors worldwide, including strategic partners in therapeutics, diagnostics, healthcare services, I/T and medical devices;
- An online population of more than (2,500) Xchange members, comprised of senior executives, opinion leaders, prospective board members, and a peer group of like-minded investors and fellow healthcare entrepreneurs;
- Comprehensive valuations, capital flows, market data and financial analysis customized for each MATTER member’s interest;
- Xchange membership for the management teams, Board members and investors of MATTER member companies;
- Online engagement initiatives, including MATTER-branded investment newsletters and social media featuring MATTER member companies
- Access to Xchange-hosted events, including investor webinars, “Grand Rounds” presentations hosted by strategic partners, and proprietary investment conferences;
- Subscription to XchangeAlerts, a proprietary notification system that informs participating investors, strategic partners and key opinion leaders of the achievements of MATTER and its member companies.
In addition, Healthios team members will become active participants in the MATTER community as well as provide one-on-one mentorship and teach workshops.
“Healthios is a recognized leader in healthcare finance as well as a huge supporter of Chicago’s healthcare startup community,” said Steven Collens, MATTER CEO. “We believe that MATTER’s success lies not in creating a desirable co-working environment for healthcare entrepreneurs, but in our ability to create density among the different players of the community to foster opportunity for collaboration in ways that aren’t currently possible.”
MATTER is currently accepting applications for the first class of member companies to join the community when it opens at the Merchandise Mart in early 2015. For more information, visit http://www.matterchicago.com/membership.
Healthios, headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, is a global investment bank focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. Since its founding, Healthios has advised on more than 75 transactions, representing aggregate transaction value in excess of $3 billion. During the past year, Healthios clients have raised more than $300 million in financing.
MATTER is a community of healthcare entrepreneurs and industry leaders working together in a shared space to individually and collectively fuel the future of healthcare innovation. MATTER’s mission is to proactively connect and promote collaboration between entrepreneurs, scientists, physicians and industry partners in order to bring next-generation products and services to market that improve quality of care and save lives. For more information, visit www.matterchicago.com and follow @matterchicago.
Melissa Lederer, email@example.com
David Loucks, firstname.lastname@example.org