As the leader of an innovative healthcare startup, you are looking for a competitive advantage to build and scale your business. Enter the MATTER Momentum accelerator, built exclusively for MATTER member companies that want a structured way to advance their business objectives.
The inaugural, six-month accelerator program will systematically step through the fundamentals of growing digital health companies from February to August 2022. The program will be led by MATTER Venture Fellow Tom Lee and further supported by curated mentors, guest speakers and exclusive MATTER workshops.
Selected startups will participate in a multi-faceted program designed to bring together key stakeholders from the healthcare ecosystem in an immersive environment. The program components will include:
- Monthly Founder/CEO peer group meetings for 3 hours of experience sharing, round-robin deep dives and in-depth discussion of each others’ companies, resulting in action items each participant will be held accountable for.
- Exclusive workshops comprehensively covering focus areas important to startups at all stages and how competencies need to evolve as companies grow.
- Private one-on-one coaching and tailored introductory meetings led by the venture fellow will occur every month for each startup, whose CEO may invite any other company staff as they wish. The venture fellow and select MATTER mentors may introduce companies to potential customers, investors and advisors. The venture fellow will help ensure that each company is well-prepared for each introductory meeting to optimize meeting outcomes.
- Accelerator-wide activities include a kickoff, exclusive guest speakers and a final showcase to pitch to prospective customers, investors, partners and talent.
Momentum will build competency in six core areas :
- Problem, Solution & Product-Market Fit
- Go-To-Market Strategy
- Mission, Vision & Culture
- Foundations for Scaling
- Presentation and Selling Skills
What types of solutions are we seeking?
This program is intended for executive-level participants, such as CEOs or founders, who will regularly attend and participate in collaborative sessions. The estimated time commitment is 3-5 hours per week from February through August. While other team members may participate, continued involvement from the founder/CEO is required.
We are seeking digital health solutions as the focus for the inaugural program. Solution areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Solutions for consumers, medical professionals and healthcare organizations
- Software-as-a-service applications and platforms
- Mobile apps
- Cloud-connected medical devices
- Digital therapeutics
- Remote patient monitoring
Who should apply?
This accelerator is exclusively open to MATTER members. Non-members may apply but must become a MATTER member by Dec 31, 2021 to be eligible to participate. Beyond being a member in good standing, there is no additional cost to participate in this program.
The program will be facilitated in a hybrid fashion, allowing for participants outside the Chicagoland area to participate in full and providing the opportunity for local or visiting participants to join events in-person, if desired.
The first cohort will focus on digital health solutions and is stage-agnostic. Companies will be grouped into smaller foursomes of stage-similar solutions for small group sessions, and one-on-one sessions will focus on individualized coaching. The customized program will be fitted to the participants.
Applications open on Monday, November 8, 2021. Submit an application by Friday, December 10, 2021 @ 11:59pm CT. Teams will be notified about their participation by December 20, 2021. In some instances, an interview in addition to the application may be needed.
See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.