December 27, 2018
Apervita is the fastest growing platform and marketplace for health analytics and data. It provides an industry-scale Platform-as-a-Service for health computing, delivery, and interoperation. Health enterprises use the Apervita platform to make it easy and repeatable to implement analytics-driven solutions and deliver insights to their workflow. Apervita’s unique approach allows for friction-less, controlled interoperation across sites, systems, and organizations. Apervita is backed by top healthcare VC’s and corporate investors such as Optum Ventures, GE Ventures, Pritzker and Baird. Apervita has been awarded many accolades including Gartner Cool Vendor.
About the role
Application Development Engineer
- As an Application Development Engineer you will design and build healthcare solutions and applications that utilize expertise in data processing, algorithms, and data visualization on the Apervita platform. Use cases including Clinical Decision Support, Regulatory Compliance, Retrospective Operational Analysis, Value Based Care, and Inpatient Predictive solutions.
- Use the Apervita platform to implement algorithms in Python and CQL and then shape incoming patient data from EHRs and Data Warehouses to be used within those algorithms, producing analyzable data that can be delivered to the point of care or represented in Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Apervita operates as a Platform-as-a-Service and Application Development Engineers are the expert power users of this platform. The Application Development team implements solutions on the platform and works with the Platform Engineers to define and extend features including our roadmap to integrate with more Big Data, Machine Learning, and AI applications.
- Minimum 3 years Python experience or another object-oriented language such as Java, .NET, or C#
- Ability to solve complex technical problems that span data, analytical processing, and visualization technologies.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience with databases, data models and data processing preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience designing and developing custom applications for production usage
- Health industry experience a plus
- Health industry informatics standards experience a plus
- Experience with Big Data, Machine Learning, or AI a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, MongoDb, Redis a plus
- Experience with EHRs such as Epic, Cerner, Athena a plus
Apervita provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apervita complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If interested, please click here to apply.