December 19, 2018
About HealthTech Solutions
HealthTech Solutions was founded in 2016 based on the need to make the organ procurement process more efficient. The first production-ready product, TXP Chat™, is a secure messaging app, the first of many powerful solutions for the clinical communication and organ transplant industries.
About the role
Back-End Software Engineer
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Good understanding and previous experience with the following: Node.js, typescript, Continuous Integration, GitHub, agile software management tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence), cloud services (Aptible, S3, EC2, RDS), Docker, user authorization.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Bachelor Degree
Nice To Haves:
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance: HIPAA, ISO:27001, HITECH
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
The HTS Story
HTS builds modern secure mobile messaging software for transplant teams to review organ offers, coordinate their multi-discipline care teams, and save lives by maximizing organ utilization. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps.
The connected purpose to the donation and transplant industry starts with the founders. Dalton Shaull, founder and CEO, received an experimental nerve transplant to regain function of his right arm which was paralyzed for over 8 months following a near-fatal motorcycle accident. Eric Pahl, founder and CTO, has 3 aunts waiting for life-saving liver transplants. Dalton’s uncle, a heart transplant surgeon, initially brought their attention to the communication challenges and the current inefficiencies and lack of security.
Making a Difference
Since our incorporation in Feb 2016, have raised $1.5 million, grown our team, and delivered our first commercial-ready product, TXP Chat™ which is used by over 200 transplant clinicians and successfully facilitated over 100 life-saving transplants in less than 8 months.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Learn more about our team at www.txpchat.com/team and what HTS Engineering is up to by visiting the company blog at www.txpchat.com/blog.
If interested, click here to apply now.