October 25, 2018
About Carium Health
Carium is team of people dedicated to improving people’s healthcare journeys. Our mission is to enable great quality of life through personalized healthcare. We strive to make each health journey the best it can possibly be. We also aim to have a positive impact on our partners and community.
Our platform is designed to help patients, healthcare providers including doctors and nurses, and healthcare payers with the emphasis on enabling personalized care. We leverage leading-edge software technology and intelligence to make this possible. Our intent is to reduce costs, enable better insights, foster a closer relationship between patients and their healthcare providers, and produce better health outcomes.
Carium’s solutions will collect traditional healthcare data as well as patient generated data from trackers, wearables, remote diagnostics, surveys and asynchronous communications. We will leverage this data to provide individuals and their healthcare team with valuable insights to enable convenient, continuous, collaborative health. This will foster health behavior change, patient engagement and empowerment to drive improved health at lower cost.
About the role
Behavioral Medicine Director
Carium is looking for a Behavioral Medicine Director to provide action-oriented leadership to the design, build and implementation of Carium’s software solutions. Working closely with the company’s medical, engineering and product leadership, the Director will guide our solutions to be optimized for human engagement, habit engineering and successful health behavior change.
Qualities we admire:
- The motivation to deliver products that improve individual and community/population quality of life
- The ability and drive to work independently and complete projects
- A proactive, communicative individual who is always excited to learn something new
- High degree of clinical credibility and academic credentials, balanced with an innovative, iterative, forward-looking mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally - with Carium leadership, engineers, user experience designers, data scientists and product team as well as in support of providers and care teams for client engagements
- Broad experience across a variety of environments - different organization types, patient populations, professional settings and roles
- Passion for, interest in and experience with digital behavior analysis and design
- Adaptable and innovative mindset and willingness to imagine and create a new healthcare environment
- Relentless patient/consumer focus
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous learning
- Clinical experience, ideally with exposure to some or all of: clinical medicine, primary care, chronic condition management, lifestyle medicine, team-based care models, and health behavior change
- Experience with technology, digital/mobile health - with particular attention to digital engagement and passion to leverage digital platforms to engage patients and drive behavior change.
- Leadership or management experience with HIT or digital health is a plus
- Experience with team-based/value-focused models of care is a plus
- Public presentation experience and Behavioral Medicine/Health Psychology thought leadership
- Willingness to engage with customers as subject matter expert
- Clinical degree and certification - PhD or Master’s degree in clinical psychology and/or related field
- Clinical experience (5+ years) preferred
- Willingness to travel to support product team and customer/partner engagements (relocation not required)
Interested? Click here to start applying now.