About Gray Matter Analytics
Who We Are
Gray Matter Analytics is a team of entrepreneurial business strategists and healthcare industry leaders focused on building actionable data-driven insights through the use of advanced analytics capabilities delivered through the cloud. Our team is uniquely positioned to deliver value to our clients with strong expertise in key domains including clinical, healthcare operations, finance, technology as well as data management, data analytics, and data science.
What We Do
We transform healthcare organizations into data and insights-driven enterprises. Using descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics, we develop evidence-based insights and recommendations that enable healthcare organizations to be proactive in reducing costs and increasing efficiency while enhancing quality and improving outcomes. We bring the right insights to the right stakeholder at the right time to improve decision-making abilities.
How Do We Do It
Through our proprietary CoreTechs® Analytics as a Service (AaaS) suite of solutions, we deliver enhanced analytic capabilities across the full value-chain to facilitate payer and provider collaboration and support the transition to value-based care. Our solutions enable healthcare organizations to maximize the value of their data assets faster and with less investment than conventional approaches. We utilize an end-to-end approach with integrated advisory services to ensure our Clients fully realize the value of their investment in advanced data analytics solutions.
About the role
Director - Data Analytics, Healthcare
|Gray Matter Analytics is seeking a Director — Data Analytics||Healthcare to join our growing Advisory Services Team.|
- Collaborate to establish new client relationships and secure new opportunities to support the growth of our Advisory Services across the Healthcare industry.
- Lead efforts to expand existing client relationships and extend opportunities for both Advisory Services and the suite of CoreTechs® Solutions.
- Take accountability for both individual and organizational goals for revenue, productivity and profitability.
- Lead efforts to identify client needs, scope new opportunities, tailor sales messages and develop proposals to deliver value-add analytics solutions
- Practice Development:
- Support efforts to enhance the breadth of service offerings in order to generate revenue growth and expand the Advisory Services practice.
- Interface with the product team providing customer specifications and support the development of advanced solutions and methodologies in alignment with the overall product development roadmap.
- Contribute across pre-sales through implementation and ongoing service in alignment with the over-arching analytics-as-a-service business model
- Create a team-oriented work climate that encourages creative solutions
- Support recruitment activities including interviews and resourcing planning
- Provide coaching and mentoring with the goal of developing and retaining talent
- Develops points of view and supports the development of marketing collateral, and thought leadership – and presents that content at industry conferences.
- Create and finalize engagement contracts
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise
- Mobilize and manage engagement teams
- Lead program planning, communication and execution
- Mentor and guide on-site consultants
- Oversee engagement economics and risks
- Provide status updates and reporting to client leadership and project sponsors
- Manage evolving client expectations, needs and priorities, and collaborate with client team members to ensure effective integration of advisory service delivery capabilities with cloud-enabled analytics-as-a-service technology solutions
- Lead client information gathering through interviews, surveys, workshops and market research, continuously developing knowledge of emerging technology and analytics techniques
- Lead efforts to define enterprise data strategy, operating model, governance, infrastructure, architecture and implementation planning with a focus on data quality and data management in the delivery of advanced analytics capabilities
- Lead efforts to assess, capture and translate complex business issues and requirements structured into an analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and management of effective work stream plans, models and visualizations.
- Understand and articulate the technology options available in data management and manipulation, analytics development, requirements, data science options, and preferences for visualizations with a lens to include sector knowledge
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- A minimum of 10-12+ years of experience with a strong understanding of the landscape for data analytics, data science and big data opportunities; ideally with a base of experience in the healthcare industry, either in healthcare consulting or directly with a commercial payer, health system or provider organization, with a focus on analytics.
- Experience managing major initiatives or transformation projects, including strategy, business process redesign, technology enablement and change management, which includes responsibility for project budgets, timelines and resourcing along with stakeholder engagement and management.
- Experience leading data analytics initiatives which include strategy, governance, operating model, infrastructure, architecture and implementation planning – experience should include implementation and the achievement of significant improvements in data integrity and advance analytic capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of advanced analytics techniques and tools, including manipulating and synthesizing data with a knowledge of data integration tools, knowledge of data mining techniques, and familiarity with statistical analysis, data visualization, and data cleansing tools and techniques
- Knowledge of cloud-related technologies and associated architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a data-driven approach to solving complex challenges, including the ability to explain data concepts and technologies to both Business Operations and IT leaders
- Experience in forming and leading multi-disciplined teams
- Experience in leading multiple simultaneous projects with competing demands
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Experience in key issues and current developments in the healthcare industries - knowledge may include aspects of provider contracting, network design, clinical management, care quality, member/patient engagement, population health, cost and utilization, coding and billing, claims and reimbursement, and financial performance
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g. MBA, MHA, MPH)
- Ability to travel (40-60%)
Gray Matter Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gray Matter Analytics does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.