About Bright Pink
About the role
Director of Business Development
Location: Chicago, IL
Department(s): Programs & Engagement
Reports to: SVP of Strategy & Advancement
The role of Bright Pink’s (“BP’s”) Director of Business Development (“Director”) is to lead the healthcare industry partnership strategy to raise revenue and extend the reach of our content and programming to new audiences. The Director is responsible for strategizing, developing and managing relationships with stakeholders across the broad healthcare industry leading to new and more in-depth business opportunities that fuel the organization’s mission by generating revenue and driving impact for the women we serve.
- Provide internal leadership and strategy development for the translation of cutting-edge programs/products and content into revenue generating opportunities.
- Work in partnership with senior management to assess and prioritize the organization’s program/product portfolio pipeline to maximize and leverage partnership opportunities driving revenue and impact.
- Develop a prospective partnership strategy that engages entities across the healthcare industry aligned with Bright Pink’s mission and strategic objectives. Cultivate new partnerships with emphasis on health plans, genetic testing labs, and provider networks.
- Drive increased revenue and impact against key KPIs to achieve the organization`s ambitious growth goals.
- Identify and recommend new avenues for revenue generation including licensing, joint ventures, government funding, sponsorship, and more.
- Lead B2B marketing efforts and leverage industry relationships to scale the reach of the organization’s digital products, including healthcare provider education.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets across the broad 1. healthcare industry.
- Promote and manage day-to-day relationships with key partners, project managing partnership planning, execution, and recapping.
- Collaborate with SVP of Strategy & Advancement, VP of Product and VP of Brand & Experience to:
- Inform partnership activation with an eye for revenue-driving integration anddelivery of key programmatic metrics
- Develop partnership pitch decks and proposal presentations
- Package content/assets that are tailored for each partner and in-line with BrightPink’s key objectives
- Ensure appropriate partner recognition across Bright Pink proprietary channels
- Work with the Data Analytics Manager to report back to partners on the impact they’re driving.
- Remain current in industry/technological/digital/health trends across women’s health and amongst target constituencies (with great emphasis in the breast and ovarian health space) to inform partner prospecting and activation.
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Status: Full time. Exempt from the provisions of wage and salary regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college required, MBA and/or clinical background preferred
Experience: 8-10 years of experience managing healthcare business strategies, solutions, and partnerships
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Bright Pink works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Please send your resume and cover letter to careers@BrightPink.org with Director of Business Development in the subject line.