About Bright Pink
About the role
Director of Marketing
Department(s): Programs & Engagement
Reports To: VP of Brand & Experience
The role of Bright Pink’s (“BP’s”) Director of Marketing (“Director”) is to oversee the execution of all marketing, campaign, and promotional activities. The Director is responsible for generating awareness of and engagement with the organization’s programmatic and development initiatives through multi-channel (primarily digital) marketing strategy. The Director will report to the VP of Brand and Experience and collaborate closely with the Sr. Manager of Digital Communications and paid digital agency partners.
- Develop a multi-channel marketing strategy (emphasis on digital) that drives mass awareness of the value of knowing your breast and ovarian cancer risk and acquires audiences into our constituent journey.
- Oversee execution of the marketing plan across all channels inclusive of web properties, social channels, video platforms, email, influencer marketing, SEO, paid search, paid media, OOH.
- Implement cross-channel marketing automation to nurture leads, drive action, and personalize experience throughout constituent journey.
- Lead creative conception, development, execution of thematic digital campaigns including Mother’s Day, Call Your Doctor Day, Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Manage strategy and day-to-day with agency partners/vendors for web development/design, paid digital media, SEO & paid search, etc.
- Ensure the look, tone, and feel of BP’s brand remains consistent and effective
- Analyze and optimize marketing data for efficiency and effectiveness and prepare marketing reporting for Senior Leadership Team
- Remain current in cultural/technological/digital marketing trends in reaching target constituency.
- Liaise with the Development team to advise on digital marketing tactics to increase online donations and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Liaise with Corporate Partnerships Manager to identify integration opportunities for partners across Bright Pink’s channels and in campaigns.
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Full time. Exempt from the provisions of wage and salary regulations.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college with a strong preference for Digital Marketing, Advertising, or Communications
Five to seven years of experience managing B2C digital marketing strategies
- Demonstrated record of meeting professional goals and guiding staff to meet team goals.
- Interest in women’s health and ability to understand and explain Bright Pink programs and impact to constituent audiences.
- Expertise in brand positioning and communications
- Expertise in the development of digital marketing strategies and content that acquires, engages, nurtures consumers/constituents.
- Experience developing marketing & communications strategy for a lifestyle consumer brand
- Experience in multicultural/transcultural marketing, specific experience marketing to African American Women a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with experience writing and editing in AP style.
- Strong campaign & project management skills.
- Computer savvy with experience in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, CSS/CMS, Social Platforms, Google Analytics, and CRM.
- Aptitude for analysis, interpretation, and translation of information.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others (management, agency partners/vendors, board members, and staff) to accomplish goals.
- Flexible enough to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious and thoughtful approach to work characterized by a desire to solve problems and continuously improve quality of work.
- Demonstrate and further Bright Pink’s brand values of Brightness, Proactivity, Partnerships, Inclusiveness, Innovation, and Impact
- A sincere commitment to the mission and philosophy of Bright Pink is required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Bright Pink works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Please send your resume and cover letter to careers@BrightPink.org with Director of Marketing in the subject line.