Fibroblast is a fast-growing, venture-backed healthcare technology startup based in Chicago. We’re on a mission to fix our broken healthcare system. We’re automating today’s manual, paper-based referral process to make sure that no patient slips through the cracks and misses out on needed care. We’re using data to improve the care patients receive and reduce the overall cost of healthcare, among other things.
About the role
Junior Full Stack Software Engineer
Who we’re looking for
Fibroblast is seeking a junior full stack software engineer who is passionate about applying his/her technical skills to a complex, challenging industry that fundamentally touches each and every person’s life.You will report to and work directly with our Chief Application Architect. We’re looking for someone who enjoys the challenging work of development (writing and reviewing code; problem solving; constantly learning new skills). You’ll have the unique opportunity to play a critical role in structuring and growing our technology team, using industry standard tools and technologies for the business and helping establish the team’s culture. This is an opportunity to get exposure to a mature application development process, while building your skills rapidly.
What you’ll do:
- Use and improve your knowledge of front-end and back-end programming.
- Get your hands dirty; write and review clear, organized, extensible code
- Work with multiple programming languages
- Energize and motivate the team
- Build a strong development culture
- Work closely with Product Management on prioritization, technical debt, and roadmap management
- Contribute to all phases of the product life cycle
Here are the skills we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of general purpose programming languages (PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, Python, or other comparable languages)
- Experience developing robust, dependable, and scalable web applications
- Experience with MV* frameworks; hexagonal and service oriented architecture; design patterns
- Solid understanding of security, (ops/infrastructure & application level), ops & infrastructure
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and use of metrics
- Experience with QA, Automated Testing, and Testing Frameworks
- Understanding of healthcare regulations and standards are a bonus (e.g., HIPAA, HL7/FHIR, etc.)
What we’re offering:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, disability benefits, and 401k Retirement
- Year-end bonuses for meeting and exceeding expectations
- High-energy work environment in our River North office
- Free gym membership
- The latest equipment including Macbooks and large monitors
- Tons of snacks and catered lunch weekly
- Discounts on tons of useful services (Zipcar, etc.)
Interested? Click here to apply now.