April 5, 2018
About Validate Health
About the role
Full Stack Developer
Interested in being part of a small founding team, so you can see your direct impact on improving the healthcare industry?
Validate Health is an early stage healthcare analytics company on a mission to improve accessibility to healthcare by enabling medical organizations to operate at stable and sustainable financial models. Validate was founded by a healthcare actuary from the largest medical records vendor who became a prominent thought leader in the transition to value based care and an alumnus from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services serving as the healthcare data liaison between government and industry. Validate is now building its analytics platform that encompasses the accumulated wisdom of its experts and clients, in order to empower medical organizations to manage their own financial risk, while improving the clinical outcomes of their patients. We’re looking for talented and driven contributors to join our team and be a part of this important moment in the healthcare industry.
As Full Stack Application Developer you will get to play a key role in the delivery of Validate’s client facing products. You’ll be building the web application that serves as a dashboard for medical organizations and other stakeholders to enter relevant data, perform analytics, and obtain recommended adjustments to their operations.
- Develop using Python with Django and Flask frameworks.
- Create data visualizations using technologies such as Apache Superset, Bokeh and D3.js. Leverage interactive analytics tools such as Qlikview, Tableau or PowerBI.
- Leverage AWS cloud computing services, including EC2, RDS Postgres, S3, Lambda and Redshift.
- Deliver using agile methodologies.
- Regularly investigate new technologies and make recommendations for adoption.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of full-time experience or demonstrated accomplishments in relevant subject areas.
- Knowledge of modern frameworks, such as Django, Flask, Rails or Meteor.js.
- Background in leveraging and integrating with third party tools and APIs
- Experience with cloud services. AWS is preferred, but Azure or GCP are good too.
- Desire to be an expert in healthcare and passionate about making an impact in this field. Experience with healthcare claims and clinical data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
- Experience in delivery of scalable SaaS services is a plus.
- Aptitude, attitude, curiosity and grit is what we care about. To that end, we are open to accepting candidates from non-traditional backgrounds. (Just tell us how your background prepares you for this position.)
- We offer stock options, salary that grows with the company and health coverage.
- You also get free lunch, coffee, drinks and beer. Friday happy hours.
- Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment.
- Conveniently located in the Merchandise Mart in the Loop.
- Send in your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write a note explaining what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Feel free to include any links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as to LinkedIn, GitHub, publications, blog or portfolio.
- Add “VH Full Stack Dev via Matter” to subject line.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.