December 17, 2018
About Markit Medical
Markit Medical helps patients and referring providers identify affordable, convenient options for healthcare. We work with all forms of insurance, so patients never have to guess.
About the role
Head of Engineering
As Lead Engineer at Markit Medical, you will spearhead the strategy and development of the platform, working side-by-side with the CTO/CIO. In addition to planning and executing the product roadmap, you’ll be charged with building and managing an engineering team to execute complete the work.
- You have 1 year+ of experience motivating and leading engineering teams
- You have a computer science degree or requisite experience
- You’re comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Our product is built using the following technologies, you should have experience building and scaling products using many of them:
- Ruby on Rails (ERB, Slim, HTML)
- You’re resourceful and scrappy, able to get the job done regardless of resources
- You have a bias towards action
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty
- You always consider the ethical impact of decisions across all stakeholders
- You’re curious and problem-solving, always wondering “why”
- You’re passionate about your projects and are focused on building great products, not just completing tasks
Our product relies on two main factors: capturing/verifying data and delivering it to patients and/or doctors without them needing to do any work. This should excite you and you should have experience building products with similar attributes.
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.