March 7, 2019
PharmaCann, LLC, is licensed by the states of Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland and Pennsylvania to cultivate and process medical cannabis and operate dispensaries for the purpose of providing medical cannabis to qualifying patients. Our mission is to cultivate and deliver medical cannabis to registered patients in accordance with the highest standards for product quality, patient and public safety, service and education, with the purpose of alleviating symptoms of debilitating health conditions that warrant the administration of medical cannabis.
About the role
Illinois Operations Manager
We are seeking a hands-on Operations Manager with strong management, and production experience preferably in the pharmaceutical, food, beverage, or cannabis industries to manage processing operations at our two cultivation and processing centers in Illinois.These relatively new operations cultivate cannabis, produce high quality dry bud products and produce high quality medical cannabis oils, tinctures, edible products, and other new medical cannabis products patients can utilize via a number of different administrative methods.The Operations Manager will lead and drive all aspects of PharmaCann’s Illinois cannabis cultivation and processing into patient safe, high quality, and effective dry bud, medicinal cannabis oils and other related products for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients.
- Manage the people and processing, and warehousing/packaging for our two Illinois locations
- Ensuring PhamaCann products are produced in a safe environment for our employees while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
- Ensuring all products are safe and effective for patient use. Develop and enforce proper product and work-in-process tracking, movement, product security and compliance with FDA cGMP’s, OSHA regulations, and applicable laboratory procedures.
- Work closely with Director of Cultivation and Director of Processing to implement best practices, drive continuous improvement and ensure SOPs are followed in daily production processes
- Lead and drive effective efficiency improvement initiatives in processing, packaging, and warehousing.
- Work closely with PharmaCann’s dispensaries and the wholesale sales team to manage product supply, the operations, and our supply chain to ensure timely delivery of PharmaCann products. Close communication and coordination with the patient facing side of our business and our commercial team is of paramount importance.
- Lead and drive lean operations, quality improvement, and capacity expansion initiatives in the processing, warehousing, and packaging portions of the operations.
- Work closely with Director of Facilities to implement facility modifications and upgrades required for efficient production capacity
- Effectively manage and streamline all aspects of the supply chain and each process step carried out in PharmaCann’s Illinois operations.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness to meet company goals. Instill production mindset in the culture.
- Participate in PharmaCann’s innovation programs and in new product development and implementation.
Successful candidates will have proven experience and success in a pharmaceutical, food, or beverage processing and packaging environment demonstrating a high attention to detail, organization skills, and excellent communication skills to all parts of the organization. More specific qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of proven manufacturing management and leadership experience preferably within the pharmaceutical, food, or beverage industries.Cannabis industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in a manufacturing related discipline: Engineering, Sciences or Operations preferred. Degrees in other disciplines are acceptable in conjunction with suitable experience and accomplishment.
- Inherently sound human resource values and problem resolution skills in combination with a history of strong leadership skills and talent development of those directly and indirectly reporting to this person.
- Demonstrated success in leading manufacturing operations to achieve improved performance and profitability.
- Possess the financial acumen to manage, measure, and improve the operations effectiveness and profitability.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in continuous improvement and with leading Lean Six Sigma and other manufacturing improvement initiatives highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge on managing and improving food safety, employee safety, quality, and packaging for consumers.
- Strong communication skills to every level of the organization
- Ability to develop structure while operating in a continued startup and emerging environment.
It is the policy of PharmaCannis to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual’s age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Interested? Click here to begin applying now.