January 22, 2019
About the role
Lead Software Engineer
What’s the role?
We are looking for a sharp, forward-thinking Lead Software Engineer to join our team. In this position, you’ll be designing new platform improvements and helping clients with existing solutions while setting the standard for health IT interoperability.
TAFi is looking for a passionate technology expert to own development responsibilities across all areas of TAFi’s product development. The primary focus of this role will be detailed software design, programming code with unit tests to implement the design, and enterprise architecture integration. Candidates will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. Candidates with experience developing for the healthcare industry would be preferred. TAFi is building out a world-class, enterprise-level B2B technology, and we’re excited to add a teammate who is ready to take the challenge head-on. The Lead Software Engineer will report to the CTO, manage direct reports, and collaborate with VP Product/Customer Success to allocate resources to deliver products to clients and schedule code releases that align product engineering and design with business and marketing objectives. The ideal candidate should also be excited to represent our team everywhere and evangelize the TAFi product from industry conferences to the board room.
Bonus points: Experience launching and managing global development teams.
- 3+ years Java, C, C++ experience
- An understanding of node.JS or other backend JS language
- 3+ years experience with Database architecture (SQL and NoSQL data models - Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch)
- Working familiarity with scripting languages (ie - Python)
- Working familiarity with statistical languages (ie - R)
Bonus: Healthcare and/or IoT experience
- Lending your software architecture skills across the engineering team to help identify opportunities for code consolidation and improvement
- Reviewing pull requests, troubleshooting tough development issues, and fostering our pair-programming and team-wide knowledge sharing efforts
- Developing and maintaining code standards and holding us accountable to them
- Aiding our software engineering recruiting efforts and working with the talent team to refine our hiring processes and standards.
Interested? Start here to apply now.