December 27, 2018
About Catalia Health
We’re on a mission to address both sides of the healthcare equation: improving patients’ health and extending the capabilities and efficiency of healthcare companies. — We aim to catalyze lasting behavior change for patients, wherever they are, to provide them with encouragement and motivation to achieve the best possible medical outcomes. At the same time, we provide deep insights to healthcare companies to optimize the efficacy of their services. — We believe that to improve behavior you have to measure it—and keep measuring it over the long term. That’s why we made Mabu—because a platform should be easy to use, engaging, and tailored to each patient.
About the role
Catalia Health is looking for an experienced operations engineer to help monitor, manage, and maintain our back-end systems to support our growing fleet of robotic health care companions.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with engineering to define and deploy back-end services into a HIPAA-compliant environment hosted with AWS. We use Docker and Rancher to deploy and orchestrate services, and Terraform for managing our AWS resources. Our stack includes technologies like Elixir, RDS, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Graylog, and Traefik.
Help us make everyone healthier.
Company and Product
Catalia Health is working to improve the way people coping with chronic illness are able to manage their disease. Our Mabu healthcare coach is a novel interactive robotic companion built on top of psychological theories of relationship development combined with current human-robot interaction work. This core platform builds strong relationships between the robot and the patient by having regular conversations to help them better manage their ongoing healthcare challenges. The information generated as a result of these conversations is shared with their doctor to help to improve their overall care.
Catalia Health is backed by a group of investors that includes our seed round lead Khosla Ventures, known for engaging with successful leading healthcare technology companies. Other investors include Ion Pacific, Fusion Fund, and Macnica.
We’re a small, tight team working to change the future of healthcare. We work hard but spend our evenings and weekends at home (or out — it’s your time). We’re a healthcare company first and foremost, so everyone’s well-being is our priority.We encourage diversity and believe in hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of buzzwords. We’re more interested in hiring enthusiastic learners looking to grow than we are in hiring know-it-all’s and been-there-done-that’s. We’re looking for individuals who want to join a team focused on solving real-world healthcare challenges for a large number of people.
- You’re smart and looking to learn more. You’re excited by the opportunity to create and play with robots that help people. You’re always asking “what if?” and “can we do that better?”
- Experience supporting live production, staging, and test environments
- Proficient with one or more Docker orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos, Swarm, etc.)
- Experience with Elasticsearch setup and management and one or more logging systems (Graylog, Kibana, etc.)
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems
- Experience writing automation/test scripts and programs
- Knowledge of networking configuration and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Enthusiasm for building health-related applications and technology
- Knowledge of building HIPAA-compliant systems
- Smart, curious, looking to improve lives
- Health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible sick time policy
- Coffee freshly roasted by our COO & CEO
If interested, please click here to apply now.