About Embr Labs
About the role
Principal Software Engineer
Embr is seeking a smart, knowledgeable, energetic and hands-on Principal Software Engineer to oversee the development of our full range of software-based products.
Embr Labs has built a revenue-generating consumer business and closed multiple deals with leading multinationals. Embr is now designing its next generation of innovative products for which software will be critical and offer a core competitive advantage.
As technical lead, software architect and hands-on developer, the Principal Software Engineer will oversee a broad code base, running the gamut from embedded to cloud:
- Low-power, embedded firmware that runs on wearable devices and implements proprietary heating and cooling control systems;
- Multiple mobile applications (iOS, Android) that engage users in novel ways;
- A cloud data pipeline, enabling detailed analytics and supporting businessintelligence tools like Looker;
- Integrations with 3rd party platforms, APIs and applications, such as Apple HeathKit and other players.
The Principal Software Engineer will collaborate with Embr’s entire multidisciplinary team. S/he will oversee our products’ technical design and software architecture, lead a diverse team of developers (both in-house and outsourced), and contribute directly to our code base. The Principal Software Engineer will inspire and foster a high-performing software team, managing developers and QA personnel to consistently deliver high-quality code.
- Provide strategic leadership for all software engineering at Embr Labs
- Monitor rapidly shifting trends in our technology ecosystem, and keep Embr Labs ina leadership position
- Design, document and develop a coherent software architecture spanning multipleplatforms (from writing specs to hands-on development)
- Collaborate with multiple teams (product, UI/UX, data, customer success, scienceand hardware engineering)
- Supervise and mentor junior developers
- Investigate/research new APIs and integration points
Ideal candidates will have:
- Ability to assess, recruit and lead a high-performance software team
- Practical programming experience designing and delivering a real product
- Proven ability to design a complex software system from the ground up
- Experience with embedded software, mobile (iOS/Android) applications, and cloud(serverless) platforms such as Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience with data pipelines and data query / analysis tools (e.g., Looker)
- Ability to connect with a young team and coach and mentor them to success
- ‘Testable’ mindset and commitment to solid code (experience with unit tests,test-driven development, and CI/CD is strongly desired)
- Experience with sophisticated data analysis and machine learning are a plus
Things you will get:
- Opportunity to make a transformative impact, leading a key function at a rapidly growing wellness tech company
- Constant exposure to interesting science and novel technology
- Ability to build relationships with other technology leaders in the emerging Digital Therapeutics ecosystem
- Strong leadership team encouraging close collaboration; talented, open-minded team of contributing engineers
- A beautiful brick-and-beam office with lots of natural light, located in Charlestown, MA; walking distance from Sullivan Square T station on the Orange line
- A dynamic, exciting workplace with a flexible work environment
- A caring team that values mutual respect and includes three MIT co-founders, one of the top female CEOs in the Boston tech scene, bright and thoughtful employees, anda small dog
- Competitive compensation and equity in a fast-growing startup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send qualified resumes (with cover letter) to email@example.com. Embr Labs does not solicit, and will not accept, resumes from recruiters or agencies.