CareBand is a wearable technology company dedicated to reducing deaths and injuries due to dementia-related wandering. CareBand provides real-time precise location tracking both indoors and outdoors, a nurse call button and automated analysis of activity patterns to help caregivers identify early changes in condition. The technology does not use wifi or cellular, and as such, there is applicability in places lacking such infrastructure, such as rural communities. With CareBand, seniors can live safely while providing peace of mind to caregivers and family members.
About the role
CareBand is seeking a Research Manager to work on structured pilot and research studies. The projects rigorously evaluate the CareBand device and data platform for senior living and seniors living at home. The position offers the opportunity to work with an emerging healthcare startup, leading medical directors, and exposure to senior living.
- Contributes to study design and coordinates implementation options with program partners; manages subject selection and randomization process; travels to program sites to monitor and assess implementation
- Conducts and manages the data analysis process to ensure proper data collection to evaluate program progress and feasibility
- Oversees IRB procedures and maintains confidentiality of participant information; ensures compliance with institutional, state and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives, and mandates
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with research partners and all participating partner organizations, non-profits, and other community groups
- Works with PI and grants manager to develop budgets and coordinate all aspects of grant submission to federal and foundation funding agencies, manages progress reports, performance, or financial reporting as required by the granting agency; monitors anticipated and actual costs charged to project budgets, regularly communicates these to Grants Manager, to identify and prevent potential overruns.
- Develops and disseminates necessary project materials to research team and partner agencies
- Generates tables and graphs for academic papers, reports, and presentations; writes, proofreads and fact-checks academic papers, reports, and presentations
- Manages class projects conducted by students (e.g. undergraduate and MBA), holding calls with them to guide progress and answer questions
- Previous experience working in a research organization or managing research projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, sociology, healthcare or closely related field required
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders required.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to multitask and to prioritize activities to successfully complete projects on tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present data in a simple straightforward way for non-technical audiences required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment required.
- Knowledge and understanding of senior care and senior living strongly preferred.
Subset of Ongoing Projects
- Feasibility and usability study in Indiana based Memory Care Facility focused on exploring the relationship between CareBand data and agitation
- Focus groups in rural, remote indigenous population on a Canadian island and in Minnesota, working toward pilot tests
- Study in four in-patient dementia care and long term care units in Canada, aimed at constructing clinically validated indices that can help inform clinical care, based upon CareBand data (e.g. social engagement and time near exit)
CareBand is looking for passionate people who have a strong interest in helping others. Our company started with the intent of bringing innovative, modern technology to seniors living with dementia to live safer lives. Started about 3 years ago, we have developed, tested, and validated the product with customers and are now looking for someone who has a strong research background to join.
Submit a resume/CV and a cover letter briefly summarizing your interest in the position to email@example.com.