About Pear Therapeutics
About Pear Therapeutics
At Pear, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in Prescription Digital Therapeutics, or PDTs. Our cross-functional team operates at the intersection of biotechnology and software technology. Pear discovers, develops, and delivers clinically-validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Every day, we push the boundaries of technology to transform medicine. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including mental health disorders, severe insomnia and multiple sclerosis. Our lead product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder, and was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product candidate, reSET-O™ for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, is currently under review by the FDA with Breakthrough Designation. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com.
About the role
Senior Platform Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
About the Role:
Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases, as we progress our pipeline across a range of therapeutic areas, including addiction, MS, schizophrenia and beyond.Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with great partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing ourarchitecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers, based in San Francisco, uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of collaboration, and are serious about making Pear a place that’sgood for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
We’re looking for someone to join our Platform Team, responsible for building the underlying shared libraries and APIs that serve all our various applications.
- Architect and develop platform software for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
- Develop back-end APIs and data structures.
- Gather functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
- Build for testing and resultant quality.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, DevOps, QA,Regulatory, Clinical, and others
- Experience designing and developing platform software.
- Deep experience with NodeJS. You should know things like what makes nodeJS different from other back-end languages, how it scales, and what benefits and drawbacks it has for various project types.
- Experience with methodical testing, test-driven development (TDD), and various testing patterns.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with web services (REST, GraphQL, XML/JSON over HTTP, etc.) to connect business systems, interact with application data or analytics.
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker, GIT SCM, and AWS.
Interested? To apply click here now.