About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They’re so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
About the role
Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a smart, technically diverse Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Create and maintain the core architecture of gameplay, rendering, and backend systems
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and producers to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Collaborate closely with our game design, art, production, QA, medical research, and marketing teams on various project requirements, timelines, build reviews, and testing
Write clean, professional, and maintainable code within our existing games
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers through code reviews and leading by example
- Proactively problem-solve stability and performance issues for iOS and Android devices
- Participate in the game design process and optimize those designs for iOS and Android devices
Who We Want To Meet
- 5+ years of game development experience, with at least two shipped titles
- iOS or Android development experience in at least one released game
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development, such as character control, physics, graphics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Fluency in C#
- Proficiency with source control tools (i.e. Perforce)
Bonus Points For
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working with backend tools for game development
- Experience in AR or VR development
- 3D graphics experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Click here to apply. For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S. We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.