About Koios Medical, Inc.
We put the AI in ultrasound.
Koios was the Titan god of wisdom, foresight and intellect. Koios Medical, Inc. (pronounced kEE-ōs) is leading healthcare into the era of machine learning and computer vision helping physicians and enabling rapid, accurate cancer detection and diagnosis; saving precious time and valuable lives. Our flagship product, Koios DS Breast, is FDA cleared clinical decision support software using our proprietary artificial intelligence algorithms to “see” ultrasound images with clarity and precision while automating assessment and clinical documentation. Built upon and trained by tens of thousands of ultrasound images and backed by clinical research, Koios DS is proven to facilitate early detection of disease potentially reducing benign biopsies, complications and unnecessary follow-up. Koios DS fits seamlessly into existing clinical workflow and instantly analyzes each suspicious area. Armed with Koios DS, physicians deliver a more confident, accurate diagnosis, in seconds.
With offices in Chicago and New York City, our growing team is expanding with open positions to contribute to our mission to empower radiologists with the best tools possible to improve diagnostic accuracy, provide healthcare at a lower cost, and enable physicians and patients to achieve better outcomes.
Koios Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, veteran status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the role
Location: New York, New York
The Opportunity at a 30,000 view: As an integral member of the product development team, our Software Engineers help to support all aspects of the product development process. The ideal candidate for this role must be flexible, diligent and thorough. Partnering closely with our Researchers and Product Managers in each phase of work from insights to ideating concepts to deliverables, this individual is involved in the development of the following: key features inside the main product; improvements to the testing process; supporting research through improvements to engine interface, and the development of smaller usage software components such as conference demos, research tools, and more. Working out of our office in New York City, this individual helps with all aspects of product development and has a major impact on how products are created.
What you’ll do:
- Work both independently and collaboratively with internal stakeholders, third party engineers, PACS vendor partners, technical and medical advisors and subject matter experts to help design and create functionality for the full configuration of Koios DS software
- Provide front-end and back-end development resources for Koios DS software for a variety of applications for use in the reading room and the exam room and for integration into reporting and electronic medical records systems
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers in small groups to prototype, design and build high-quality experiences for our product
- Contribute to building, maintaining and further developing both current and future products and featuresWork to ensure that our applications are secure and easy to build, test and deploy
- Document work performed as required to maintain quality management systems and regulatory compliance
- Approach problems creatively with attention to detail to provide a quality customer experience
- Help define and inform our product and technical roadmaps
- Review and provide feedback on code to ensure software quality assurance
- Manage assignments that are given in the form of objectives without clearly defined processes or parameters allowing for creativity and resourcefulness
- At minimum, you have 3 years working in a programming environment
- Preferably, you hold a Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or similar education
- Preferably, you have previous experience/knowledge working with deep learning technologies (specifically applied to medical imaging), with engineering cloud-based applications, networking and DevOps
- You keep up with the knowledge of latest version control technologies such as Git and MercurialYou consider yourself to be a creative coder who is user-centered and passionate about building things
- You have previous experience using full-stack software to craft products, aligning user needs and business objectives; understand agile development processes, databases, scalability, analytics/metrics, and modern web application architecture
- You consider your attention to detail to be one of your strengths and you take pride in your ability to adapt to and learn different programming languages
- You have the ability to work in a small group and with third-party development partners at a fast pace, while also taking initiative on open tasks
- You consider yourself to have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You are comfortable managing assignments that are given in the form of objectives and at times, without clearly defined processes or parameters, requiring your ability to be creative and resourceful
Technology You Will Use:
How does someone apply?
Please submit applications here.