NowPow is a women-owned and led technology company that powers communities with the knowledge people need to get well, care for others, and manage with disease. The multi-sided Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform seamlessly integrates with electronic health records to identify patients’ self care needs, generate highly matched referrals, share referrals with community partners, and track referral status to close the loop on care. By making community resources visible to the people who need them the most, NowPow nurtures healthier, more vibrant communities.
About the role
Position Title: Software Engineer
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Collaborates with: Product Management department, potential customers and current users, Technology Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third-party vendors.
Position Description: We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and self-motivated Software Engineer to join the NowPow Engineering team. A good candidate should have a passion for and experience with Web/UI technologies. A strong understanding of the .NET framework, Web/UI technologies, and C# is required. One key responsibility is creating detailed technical designs using best practices and then implementing them with little help. The majority of development is going to be .NET development with C#.
- Develop and help design web-based technology and applications using the .NET Framework.
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work with the Product Management team to build great software for our customers.
- Work on the full stack of the NowPow product suite and MAPSCorps tools, including front-end UI, back-end web service and data tools, reporting and analytics tools, and build and deployment automation.
- Suggest and implement improvements to our development processes.
- Quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Work in a test-driven development environment.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, and documentation for your assigned work.
- Collaborate with your team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation.
- Work with other team members effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) required.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of superior performance.
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly.
- Passion to build great software.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with SQL Server a plus.