Power2Practice is a practice performance system that integrates all components of integrative care, saving you time and money so you can focus on delivering exceptional care to your patients.
About the role
Software Engineer I, II, III
The Software Engineer is responsible for understanding customer requirements, planning, and delivering solutions. The role will require group collaboration, enthusiasm, and Java software development experience. He/she will work on the core platform, write tests, and help design and execute new P2P application features. The ideal candidate will be hands-on and will contribute to the team development functions.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with other developers on code review and best coding practices. You will be responsible to implement IT strategies consistent with the company’s overall mission, business objectives, and needs. You must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a fun yet deadline-driven workplace.
Level I Entry level, less than 2 years of experienceLevel II 2-4 years of experienceLevel III 5+ years of experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on project life cycle from requirements through design, implementation and support to ensure implementation of appropriate technology in every stage.
- Understand clients’ requirements, current IT infrastructure, application framework, business opportunities and work with the Software Architect, Business Analysts and Development IT staff on project implementations.
- Adhere to all applicable IT architecture principles, standards and guidelines in the data, integration, application, infrastructure, solutions, security and technology domains for continuous development quality improvement purposes.
- Design and develop solutions primarily on a Service Cloud platform.
- Develop new and enhance current software solutions using Java (SE & EE), P2P API framework and 3rd party APIs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Do pair programming with a peer to not only develop but also execute on Quality related tasks like code reviews, unit tests, functional testing, automation of functional and performance test cases to ensure that code is delivered with the highest quality.
- Assist in change and release management protocols.
- Adhere to all security measures and tests required by HIPAA as it pertains to all P2P software application(s).
- Provide input and support for development of IT roadmaps.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed to Perform this Role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of five (5) or more years of software development experience
- Understanding of Software development and deployment life cycle
- Experience in Core Java constructs, objects, classes, interfaces and design patterns
- Experience in Java Web Application, including configuration, tools, and IDEs
- Experience in persistence layer (Hibernate/JPA/plain JDBC)
- Experience or working knowledge in application server environments and containers
- Experience with change management/source control tools such as GitHub, SVN, CVS
- Experience working in databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience in database programming and database constructs
- Network and desktop knowledge, including experience with MS Office Suite products
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in customer settings with internal and external customers
- Effective active listening skills
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(K) with company match
- Basic term life insurance and Short term disability
- PTO and Company paid holidays
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.Please title your email subject to JOB CANDIDATE to be considered.