We’re on a mission at HelloJoy to redefine how mental healthcare works. Since 1999, the suicide rate in America has increased by nearly 30%. We believe that the only way to reverse this trend is by getting the right data to the right clinician at the right time. Our software generates actionable insights for clinicians by monitoring a patient’s symptoms and behavioral signals between appointments.
About the role
Software Engineer (iOS)
We’ve built v1 of our product and have a handful of clinicians using our product with their patients. We’re looking to hire a software engineer to help us build out the next evolution of HelloJoy that enables hundreds of clinicians across the country to use HelloJoy to better treat patients with mental illness.
- You have experience writing iOS apps with swift and/or Objective C
- You’re comfortable picking up new languages or diving into a backend codebase when necessary
- You’re excited to help architect new features all the way from the database level to client-side code
- You’re familiar with some of the technologies we use, such as: Swift (requirement), Node.js, Python, React.js, Postgres, and Git.
- You’ve worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly.
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields.
- You’re a maker — you like to build things that people love. You care about the details, both on the frontend and the backend.
- You’ve worked on iOS apps that utilize background GPS and/or HealthKit integrations
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with security/compliance best practices
- Experience in Java and/or Kotlin
- An interest in working on technology within mental healthcare
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.