We are using cutting-edge, AI-driven technology, combined with smartphone hardware to help prevent vision loss. Over 400 million patients worldwide are susceptible to diseases that lead to blindness which could be prevented like diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and several others. We aim to significantly lower the cost and complexity of diagnosis with a near-instantaneous diagnosis of the retina. Because of the unique nature of the retina, which is effectively a non-invasive biopsy of the brain and its blood vessels, we plan to leverage our data set for proprietary analytics and risk prediction of many catastrophic or chronic diseases.
An ex-Stanford team out of Y Combinator and StartX, we are backed by both well regarded institutional investors and industry thought leaders. We are bringing the eye specialist’s exam and expertise to your primary care doctor’s office, and in doing so, we are striving to improve how healthcare is provided on a global scale.
About the role
Having established patents, major publications, manufacturing, and regulatory status of our proprietary technology, we are now bringing software development in-house. We are seeking a high-impact, motivated person who wants to innovate, help prevent vision loss and heart attacks, and make a lasting impact on how healthcare is delivered in the future. You will touch all aspects of the product while architecting and building our HIPAA-compliant ML-driven backend service.
You will be our first technical hire. We expect you to have tremendous growth opportunities and help shape the culture of the company as we grow.
- Passionate about disrupting healthcare
- You are a thoughtful communicator with emotional intelligence. Explaining technical concepts to product managers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Scrappy and resourceful, but possess a strong moral compass
- Must have: 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- Nice to have: BS in Computer Science
- Equity in a pre-Series-A, Y-Combinator and StartX-backed startup with paying customers
- Working in a team with high EQ that values diversity
- Opportunity to impact patient care and the daily lives of healthcare professionals
- Create technology that has a large impact (read: scales)
- Competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.