About Intuitap Medical
IntuiTap eliminates the guesswork, frustration, and pain from spinal punctures.
About the role
This is a technical role in a fast-paced, medical-device startup environment, responsible for coordinating and leading the testing efforts for a biomechanical imager throughout all phases of development. The ideal candidate will apply a deep knowledge of electromechanical design and testing to create and execute test protocols, and to develop and implement design changes based on test findings and user feedback. The candidate will collaborate with the development team and its partners to enable efficient prototype optimization and design-risk mitigation. This is a full-time position, located in the team’s engineering headquarters at Insight Accelerator Labs (IALabs) in Chicago.
- Establishes technical endpoints for all device testing, and develops experimental protocols.
- Designs, fabricates, and modifies test fixtures.
- Executes bench tests, and analyzes and reports results.
- Communicates with IRB personnel to receive test updates and implement changes to protocol.
- Assists with on-site training of IRB participants.
- Offers technical assistance during usability, IRB, and cadaver testing.
- Translates test findings and user feedback into actionable design changes.
- Implements design changes into SolidWorks CAD model for rapid iteration.
- Applies knowledge of industrial design to optimize prototype form.
- Communicates and coordinates design specifications with contract design/developer.
- Supports the implementation and operation of the company quality and documentation system.
- Supports development of functional electromechanical units for testing.
- Regularly shares technical findings with product- and business-development teams.
- Collaborates with R&D Product Engineering Manager and development team to mitigate technical risks.
- Contributes to DHF assembly and maintenance.
- BS or higher in relevant engineering discipline, such as mechanical or biomedical.
- 1-3yrs engineering experience in relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience with test protocol development and execution, as well as translation of findings into actionable design changes.
- Proficiency in CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Comfort with testing early and often and iterating rapidly.
- Competency in assembly and troubleshooting of electromechanical assemblies.
- Familiarity with rapid-prototyping methods (3D printing, laser cutting, foam modeling, silicon molding, etc).
- Familiarity with medical device regulated R&D process, requirements of design controls and design standards applications.
- Experience in the development, execution, and documentation for design control testing and formal protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in Python, C, C++.
- Experience with logic analyzers.
- Familiarity with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Experience with EagleCAD or similar programs.
- Experience with usability engineering and industrial design.
If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply.