About the role
Vice President, Engineering and Development
Location: Chicago, IL
Vice President, Engineering and Development
We are looking for talented, collaborative people who are driven to solve problems and serious about making a difference in the world. Enduvo is the world’s only immersive training marketplace. World-renowned healthcare providers, global industrial firms and government organizations use our software every dayto improve the education of their employees and constituents.
Our employees tackle compelling and dynamic challenges in their quest to impact and improve lives around the world. If you’re looking to work with a team that places passion, trust, integrity and collaboration at the center of what they do,then we’re the right place for you.
The VP of Engineering and Development is responsible for leading the software development team and ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution. They report to the Chief Product Officer and have responsibility for the development of the technical strategy, maintenance of the technical roadmap and ensuring the engineering team hits goals and delivers on commitments to the product roadmap.
Our ideal candidate is someone who desires to get things done – someone who is persistent and articulate and who enjoys working in a constantly-changing environment. They know how to build and inspire teams. They have a backbone and are willing, even eager, to be held accountable for their teams’ progress and deliverables. They are driven and excited to be on the ground floor of something that will be huge.
You take ownership of:
- Leading software platform development efforts for Enduvo across multiple systems (desktop applications and web platforms) leveraging Unity/Unreal, Android, iOS, and various cloud platform services
- Providing technical leadership for software systems and partner hardware devices
- Performing architectural, design and code reviews that improve software development quality
- Proactively building the engineering team through recruiting efforts, growing new engineers into roles, finding talent that isn’t being leveraged and inspiring the team to excellence
- Managing the team by providing guidance and feedback, enforcing accountability and coaching the team’s performance
- Collaborating with strategic technology partners to define product enhancements
- Providing technical leadership in the enhancement of software development processes and best practices, including: AGILE development, automated testing, usability and continuous integration
- Overseeing the development, testing, documentation and release of full-stack, end-to-end features of our product
- Proactively anticipating technical risks, implementing the systems with fault-tolerant capabilities and ensuring system stability and security
- Serving as a critical resource to the engineering team in all aspects of web, Unity/Unreal and client applications
- Guiding the overall application design and scaling of our platform by leading and building an overall solution that is robust, secure and scalable
- Collaborating with customers, sales, marketing, product management and leadership to develop enhancements to the entire product pipeline
- Managing the budget for the engineering department, including headcount, consulting spend, prototyping costs and equipment cost
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant experience in advanced technology management as a software leader building teams and leading organizations through product delivery and commercialization, on time and on budget
- 5+ years of experience managing onshore and offshore software developers/partners
- Experience designing software systems, marketplaces, content delivery platforms and services
- Proven track record of software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools
- Experience developing scalable web applications with proven track record of building marketplace solutions
- Technical experience and understanding of how full-stack solutions fit together
- Experience using game engines, 3D modeling and animation tools
- Experience with API integrations for large scale, social platforms
- Experience in additional fields such as programming, computer vision, OS and game development
- Strong UnityScript programming skills and experience in UI design within Unity/Unreal
- Experience with AR Applications, SDK development and Integration with cloud services
- Knowledge of Oculus Go/Rift/Quest, VIVE and/or SteamVR platforms
- Experience with software development, IDEs and testing tools (e.g. editors, compilers, linkers, desktop simulation, configuration management tools, requirements management tools)
- Clear understanding of DevOps, automated testing, and continuous Integration practices and their role in agile software development
- Broad understanding of software and cloud architecture, large deployment, availability, performance and security SLAs
- Experience with JIRA
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Enduvo is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), medical history or condition, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.
Send an email with your resume to: email@example.com