April 3, 2019
Despite lots of hard work and the best of intentions, Healthcare largely remains a fragmented industry, with as much as $1 trillion wasted annually according to a recent Health Affairs article.
Simply put, Apervita is on mission to change that reality, and bring a 10X efficiency gain to healthcare. We make it easy for healthcare enterprises to create and connect streamlined applications with the systems, data and organizations they need to, helping them save lives, improve outcomes and reduce costs.
About the role
VP of Business Development, Payers
As the Vice President of Business Development - Payers you will have the opportunity to help shape the go to market efforts focused on health plans and the and the associations and groups that serve them. Working closely with the company executive team and the marketing department, you’ll help develop a segmentation and targeting plan, as well as hone the sales positioning to bring our unique platform to market. Leveraging our existing customer base, you’ll help develop a repeatable, sustainable prospecting and sales methodology. You’ll have the chance to be a impactful leader within the company, as this is a newly created position, reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer.
By leveraging existing leads and creating your own through “test and learn” prospecting, you’ll lead the organization in its effort to sell directly to payer organizations. You’ll oversee the tactical execution of the sales process, and help bring market feedback into all aspects of the company, from product, to strategy to customer support. For the right candidate, this opportunity could evolve into building and managing a 3-5 person team. This is a unique opportunity to own and drive a meaningful segment of business for one of the country’s leading healthcare IT companies. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to “get in early and help figure it out.” It’s not a good fit for someone looking for a turnkey, low rpm role that leverages a well known company brand. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial sales leader, and hope you’re him/her.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development of a prioritized target list of payer organizations and associated organizations (e.g. AHIP, NCQA, etc.)
- Developing a robust pipeline of potential new customer relationships through active outbound prospecting and effective follow-up of inbound inquiries
- Achieving, and hopefully, exceeding quota targets for new, upsell and x-sell commercial opportunities
- Working closely with the product solutions team to find a match between a potential customer’s needs and Apervita’s capabilities.
- Sharing the company message at trade shows and industry events
- Drafting and delivering proposals to customer for existing and follow-on sales
- Accurately managing your personal pipeline forecast to help guide resource allocation and budget expectations
- Acting as your customers’ advocate within Apervita, and as a strategic advisor within their organization
- Providing a positive, leadership influence within Apervita and help guide more junior staff
To power your success in this role, you’ll come to Apervita will the following attributes, skills, and experiences.
- You are relentless in your pursuit of a goal - in this this case a satisfied customer and it’s natural by-product - Revenue
- Channeled creativity – you can be expansive in your brainstorming, but focused and appropriate in your execution
- You love to learn and explore new things
- You take your work very seriously, but have a sense of humor as well
- You listen first, think second, talk third
- Comfortable with the ambiguity and opportunities of being “first over the wall” into new situations and processes
- C suite level communication skills - written and verbal
- Proven enterprise sales process skills (e.g. solution selling, Miller Heiman, etc.)
- CRM capabilities preferred (Salesforce, MSFT Dynamics, PipeDrive, etc.)
- Proposal writing preferred
- Economic modeling a plus
- PowerPoint or Keynote a plus
- Juggling - figuratively, not literally. We’re a young company and your ability to handle lots of things and shift gears quickly will be important to your success
- At least 10 years selling into payer organizations, preferably at the C-suite level
- Deep experience with healthcare IT software, the more technical the better
- An understanding of various parts of the US healthcare system, and the challenges facing different stakeholders within payers
- Demonstrable success in carrying a sales quota, and consistently being a top performer
- “Hungry selling” experience for an early-stage investor-backed company is strongly preferred
- Experience building a leading a team is preferred
If interested, click here to begin applying now.