January 4, 2019
About Karrot Health
Karrot Health pays you to exercise. We are a health engagement technology platform that allows employers and insurers to directly incentivize their employees to exercise. By combining world class technology with cutting edge behavioral science, we are changing the way the world thinks about health. Our mission is simple: A healthier and happier life for everyone, everywhere.
About the role
VP of Engineering
That’s why we need technical leadership with vision and dedication to help grow and innovate our business. That’s where you come in.
Karrot Health is looking for a VP of Engineering, based in our Chicago HQ, who is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the platform. We are looking for an individual who can build, manage, and motivate a Software Development team and direct the company towards its primary technical objectives, define and align those technical objectives with the strategic goals of the organization, and help Karrot Health grow. In short, the VP of Engineering will create a technical vision for Karrot Health as we take on a complex problem and create a simple, elegant solution.
On top of your day-to-day tasks, you will be responsible for a few key outcomes:
- Establishing a strong technical culture for the growth, mentorship, and development of a team of engineers
- Creating and influencing strategic goals and managerial direction of the business, reporting directly to the CEO
- Setting the technical strategy, determining the most suitable technological tools, and instituting best practices in agile methodologies - including integration and release methodologies - to make our business more competitive
- Providing visibility to the leadership team on the development roadmap, sprints, and expected timelines
- Utilizing data and a strong application of computer science to make decisions that enhance our systems, working hands-on when necessary
What do we need from you?
- You should have 4+ years of experience owning, managing and growing dev teams in a high growth environment.
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- You must have an understanding of high volume databases as well as backend experience.
- You must be comfortable being hands-on in coding and team leadership.
- You should have significant past experience as a Senior Software Developer or Software Architect.
- You should also be an excellent leader and communicator, passionate about building strong technology teams and being able to use technology as a key leverage point for the business.
- Design experience a plus but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), and benefits.
- Major equity stake in a high growth company.
- No dress code.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Fun work environment.
- Dog friendly office!
- $250/month on Karrot Health. That’s right, you get paid to exercise too!
Karrot Health is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email email@example.com.