February 5, 2019
At NeoLight, we engineer and design empathy-driven solutions for newborns in need of neonatal medical care. While the medical device industry is focused on designing large, hospital-grade technologies that treat infant health conditions within the hospital, we focus on inventing devices that treat babies at home, under the care of parents. That’s what empathy-driven innovation means to us. Our first technology is a phototherapy device that we expect will eliminate jaundice through in-home rather than in the NICU. We have big plans for more devices that help as many families as possible suffering through the experience of having a newborn with a health condition. By 2020, we plan to be an industry thought leader in the neonatal healthcare sector, with our devices saving the lives of infants across the globe.
About the role
VP of Sales Engineering
ABOUT THE ROLEPosition title – Vice President of SalesDepartment – CommercialJob Status – FTETravel Required – 25-50%Reports to – CEODirect Reports – Sales staff
The Vice President of Sales Engineering (VPS) will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s sales strategy. As Neolight is launching its first commercial product, the VP of sales will be required to build and implement the sales strategy while building the sales organization from scratch to both meet the needs of, and operate within the limitations of, a startup medical device company. The successful candidate will bring both creative and novel vision as well as a “roll up your sleeves” hands onapproach to the planning and implementation of the effort.
Maximizing the potential sales volume of all segments of the market.The successful candidate will plan, direct, and set the strategic direction of the sales program to maximize profit. The VPS will oversee sales staff operations, sales business planning, and budget development. They will develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal staff and customers, and present a value oriented, patient centric face to the company’s customers.Developing account strategy, strategic and tactical sales strategies, planning, reporting, quota setting, sales process optimization, sales training, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. The VPS will work closely with marketing to develop and implement aproduct positioning strategy and strong competitive position in the marketplace.Lead the effort to determine target customers, sales strategies and resources required to be successful in target markets. Will work closely with senior management to determine strategy and coordination with commercialization partners, distributor and collaborators in the US and ex-US.Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and compliance elements of selling a regulated medical device.Working closely with regulatory affairs and compliance, the VP of Sales will be responsible for ensuring training, generation of SOP’s, reporting, as well as a culture of compliance to all regulations and laws for the sales of regulated medical devices.Design, implement, and manage the reporting of sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.They will establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. The VPS will work with the CFO and executive management team to ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm.Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
- BS/BA degree required. Business, economics or life science degree preferred.
- MBA, MS, Ph.D. in business, marketing or life science a plus.
- 10+ years of successful senior commercial experience at the senior management level within an emerging device, biotechnology or biopharmaceutical company or comparable experience, including 5+ years in direct sales.
- Successful launch of a new medical device product a significant plus.
- Experience in the neonatal care a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and in-person presentation communication skills. He/she must be able to convey a positive, make-it-happen, “take no prisoners” attitude, high energy level and drive to themarketing and sales team.
- Good computer applications and analytical skills.
- Exude the highest level of professionalism and a have strong executive presence.
- Strong organizational skills and manage priorities – they must be able to work effectively in the often chaotic and high pressure start up environment.
- Consummate team player and demonstrate strong management of people skills.
- High ethical standards, and demonstrate discretion and reliability
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary is competitive with the market rate, and based on the successful candidate’s specific experience and skillset.
- We offer stock compensation and performance-based raises.
- Full health and dental insurance packages
- Unlimited time off as long as you’re getting the job done
- Access to a full kitchen, bottomless coffee, and unsupervised play time with 3d printers
- The chance to work alongside a committed team of people who plan on saving lives and changing the world
Does this job description sound like you? If so, we can’t wait to meet you. Please send us an email to email@example.com that includes the following:
- A resume detailing your professional experience
- A cover letter (with specifics about your interest in this specific role, specifically with Neolight),
- A list of no more than 3 professional references (including their name, relationship to you, email address, and phone number)
Neolight participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employmentauthorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here.