Twiage is an award-winning prehospital triage and care coordination system that delivers real-time patient data and situational awareness of incoming ambulances to busy Emergency Departments reducing the need for radio and phone communication. EMTs can use Twiage’s HIPAA compliant and easy-to-use smartphone app to provide a quick entry notification to EDs in a matter of seconds; paramedics can use Twiage to capture stroke symptoms in video, EKGs for STEMIs, trauma scenes through photos, texts and digital voice memos. By providing live patient data and GPS-tracked ETA for all incoming ambulances and 2-way communication capabilities, Twiage helps hospitals efficiently improve quality in prehospital preparedness, ED throughput and care coordination among EMS, ED and other hospital service lines, while improving performance measures, patient outcomes, and enhanced EMS referral volumes through reducing EMS turnaround time.
About the role
VP, Software Engineering
Twiage is an award-winning healthcare IT startup based in New York City, providing a novel communication platform used between ambulances and hospitals to accelerate life-saving emergency care. We are currently looking for a Vice President of Software Engineering to be a part of our executive leadership team to scale up our software development team in a rapidly growing environment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the majority of our technology stack:
- Amazon Web Services
Must have significant experience with software development tools:
Traits we are looking for:
- Proven track records to lead and grow internal and outsourced software development teams to build stable and scalable software platform;
- Proven track records in building new software products with accountability with meeting deadlines and budgets;
- Advocate of agile software development process;
- A passion for TDD/BDD;
- Writing and shipping clean, efficient codes;
- Attention to details and demand only excellent quality;
- Great communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic, being adaptable and flexible to succeed in a startup environment;
- A passion for using technology to make a difference to improve emergency care for our society;
- Ability to understand the business needs and lead the technology team to fit into the company’s overall culture.
These are a definite plus:
- Ionic Framework
- Worked within one or more security standards - HIPAA, PCI
- Android Development (Java)
- iOS Development (Swift)
- Selenium / e2e Testing
- DevOps Experience
- Already based in the NYC/NJ Tri-State Area
Principals only, please, not open to working with agencies at this time
- Competitive salary, bonus and significant equity incentives
- Health benefits
- Flexible time off
- Make a difference in life-saving emergency care
Interested? Start by clicking here to apply now.