Listen: Health system leaders discuss the future of the healthcare workforce
How will we address current personnel burnout? How has the pandemic affected the healthcare workforce, and what solutions are going to solve our current staffing challenges? What will staffing look like in 2040, and what will the gaps be?
Legacy Community Health Chief Information Officer David Chou and UNC REX Healthcare Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer Joel Ray discuss these questions and more in a conversation moderated by Baxter Vice President Medical Affairs Carlos Urrea.
Joel and David discuss:
- Current burnout and staffing challenges facing health systems
- Macro healthcare and technology trends
- Restructuring workforces to accommodate for burnout and attrition
- Virtual care’s role in and out of the hospital
- Supply chain’s effect on staff burnout
- Advice for early-stage startups looking to partner with large healthcare organizations
- And more
Listen to the full conversation here:
The Healthcare 2040 series looks forward at how the healthcare industry should evolve by tapping industry leaders to take deep dives into transformative areas. Topics include: next generation care management and patient engagement, effective healthcare policy and consumerism and precision health.